At the beginning of this year I write a “New Year’s Resolutions” post, and I promised I would have kept you updated with the progress. I did it at the beginning of April (end of Q1 report) and now this is post is about the second quarter of 2009.
- Personal Resolutions
- Blogging and community involvement Resolutions
- Technology Resolutions
- Enhance my .NET skills – I got a bit more deeper into WCF, but unfortunately that’s all I did in this Q2.
- Start developing for Mac/iPhone – Nothing new here, but my resolution has been already fulfilled in Q1.
- ASPInsider – I became an ASPInsider: it was unexpected and really appreciated. I engaged in a lot of interesting discussions, with a group of very smart people.
- User Group meetings – I probably should have included this in my 2009 resolutions, as this is probably going to happen more and more this year and for next year. In this Q2 I co-organized the 4th Italian ALT.NET Conference and also I held a session during the conference. And just at the beginning of Q2, in April, I did a presentation about ASP.NET MVC for DotNetUmbria.
- A bit of self-marketing – It all started with the talk in DotNetUmbria: many people asked for it so, after asking for permission to Chad Myers (which was the original creator of the t-shirt), I printed a few of them, including the logo of my blog, and adding an hidden message encoded into the viewstate on the back. But I think this deserves a post of its own, so I’ll come to this in a few days.
- ASP.NET MVC Book – The editing phase went on till the end of May, but now the book is over, and will be available in stores soon. If you are interested, the chapter-level table of contents is available.
All in all, this Q2 went pretty well from the personal side of resolutions and in the offline community: blog posts are less that they used to be and mainly technical: twitter is taking away the “easy topics” that probably before would have made into a blog post.
Now that the book is complete and I’ve less talk/conferences ahead, my focus for the the next 2 quarters of the year will be on writing more contents on my blog and more opensource contributions. And hopefully making the new skin for the blog.