Just a quick reminder, tomorrow afternoon I’ll be talking about ASP.NET MVC at the local DotNetUmbria usergroup.
Today I spent the whole day putting the finishing touches on tomorrow’s talks and demos. I’ll talk from 3PM to 6PM (or till when people ask for mercy). I’ve two talks planned:
- Introduction to ASP.NET MVC, my “usual” introductory presentation, update with the RTM bits and yesterday’s big announcement
- ASP.NET MVC, so what? This was originally planned to be a “live refactoring” of an old WebForm application to ASP.NET MVC, but I changed it for mainly one reason: I realized that to show the issues of migrating I would have need a WebForm application made on purpose to show the problems, and migrating a “normal” application would have not been such a good thing.
So I decided I’ll talk about some of pain-points of ASP.NET MVC and how they can be solved.
My second talk will be about the following topics (or just some if time goes short):
- ASP.NET MVC vc ASP.NET WebForm
- Testing with Http* mocking
- How to use DI/IoC inside ASP.NET MVC (with Ninject)
- Components and partials
- Ajax – jQuery
- DataGrid MVC version
- PRG Pattern
- ASP.NET Futures
For those who cannot attend I’ll upload the slides (after having translated them to English) and the demos.
See you there, and don’t forget the Sagrantino party in honor of ASP.NET MVC going OpenSource. And the usual Wrox book random draw.
BTW: the event is sold out, but if you want to come and you did not register, I’m pretty sure we’ll find a way to let you in.