The eBook I wrote together with Ugo Lattanzi is finally available for download for free from the Free Ebooks section of Syncfusion Tech Portal.
This project had a long development as we had to wait till all the latest bits of the ASP.NET Core tools (which only became final with Visul Studio 2017) were finally available to deliver a complete and up to date picture of how to develop an ASP.NET Core application. But now it's finally out and you can get it for free.
The table of content of the book is:
- About ASP.NET Core Succinctly
- Introduction to ASP.NET Core
- What are .NET Core and ASP.NET Core?
- A Brief History of the Microsoft Web Stack
- Getting started with .NET Core
- ASP.NET Core Basics
- Beyond the Basics: Application Frameworks
- How to Deploy ASP.NET Core Apps
- Tools Used to Develop ASP.NET Core Apps
- A Look at the Future
The books also briefly covers OWIN, which was the "inspiration" for ASP.NET Core, but if you want to know more about it, we also wrote OWIN Succinctly, still published by Syncfusion.
A big "thank you" goes to both the editors at Syncfusion and to technical editor James McCaffrey whose comments helped improve the quality of the book.