Last week I described the stack I’ll be using to develop my new ASP.NET MVC project, and I said I was going to use RhinoMocks as mocking framework. Well, it later turned out that some tests were using RhinoMocks but most of them were using Moq and “Il Maestro” decided that the latter would be the mocking framework of choice. I never used it, so I started looking for some documentation online. And here I’m listing the best 11 links about Moq.
- http://code.google.com/p/moq/ – obviously, the starting point of it all. Download the binary, source and everything official about Moq
- http://code.google.com/p/moq/wiki/QuickStart – the official quickstart. “emadb @simonech Moq is so easy and stylish that all what you need is here”
- MSDN style API – available both online and as chm file in the download package
- Beginning Mocking With Moq 3 by Justin Etheredge – a great 4 parts tutorial on how to get started with Moq version 3 (ok, now it’s at version 4 beta, but most of the concepts still apply) (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 and Part 4)
- TDD : Introduction to Moq – Very nice and comprehensive introduction on doing TDD with Moq
- Introduction to Mocking with Moq screencast – One of the first screencasts published on DimeCasts, is a nice and quick overview of how to get started with Moq, by Derik Whittaker.
- Linq to Mock: MoQ is born – The official announcement of the first version of Moq.
- Linq to Mocks is finally born – nice new feature of Moq 4 (still beta), that allows to setup a mock using Linq.
- Mocks, Stubs and Fakes: it's a continuum – Daniel Cazzulino’s take on the differences between Mocks, Stubs and Fakes
As you see there are only 9 links in the list: which other link would you recommend as 10th link?