I just came back from a week of vacation in Berlin, and I found out that my MVP award has been renewed for the second year.

I want to keep this post short, so all I'm going to do is say "Thank you" to all the communities that gave me a slot to speak about ASP.NET MVC, to Wrox that let me write a book and to Keyvan for having partnered with me in writing my first book, and to all the friends of UGIALT.NET and ugidotnet.

And then I want to congratulate with all the newly awarded devs of the community, and especially with GianMaria Ricci and Ugo Lattanzi aka Imperugo, which are doing a lot for the Italian .NET community and Ivan Porto Carrero, which started to take part in the Belgian .NET community. They really deserved the MVP award. And then, also a my congratulations go to Sara Chipps.

posted on Saturday, October 3, 2009 6:12 PM

Left by Keyvan Nayyeri at 10/3/2009 9:06 PM

Again, congratulations on the renewal of your MVP status. Well-deserved just like the last year.

I hope you keep your active contributions to the community in the next year as well and achieve more stuff on the community, in your personal life, and in your career.

Left by James Hippolite at 10/4/2009 5:00 AM

Well done, Simone. You deserve it.

Left by Ugo Lattanzi at 10/4/2009 11:52 AM

Thx Simone
ad congratulations on the renewal of your MVP status! ;)

Left by Jef Claes at 10/4/2009 7:13 PM

Congratulations!

Watch out for Kanye hijacking this post tho.

Left by Tired of this at 10/4/2009 10:57 PM

Nice to see that Microsoft awards people for nothing but their ability in marketing, just marketing.

Left by Simone at 10/4/2009 11:31 PM

Thank you everybody.

@"Tired of this": I might start deleting comments like this one, not because you are criticizing something I wrote on the post (actually here not my post but the MVP program), but because you don't provide a real email and not a real name.
In Chad Myers comment-worthiness rank [www.lostechies.com/.../...iness-ranking-scale.aspx] this is way below the deletion point :)
Anyway, if you read the MVP award page, you'll notice that the award is given to people that help spread the word about MS products, help MS build better products. I call it evangeliziation, you call it marketing. Actually it's more than just this, but, if you are wondering, it's not an appreciation for the technical skills of someone.

Left by Tired of this at 10/5/2009 12:01 AM

Chad Myers could have spent the time wasted in that post by doing something more useful. My fault for believing the MVP program to be anything barely serious.

Left by Alessandro Teglia at 10/5/2009 9:34 AM

Hello @Tired of this: I'd be more than welcome to hear your critics. But if you have better ideas to improve the MVP Award Program please write to mvpga@microsoft.com and CC myself (alessandro.teglia@microsoft.com). Sometimes it's better to get a useful comment than a mere anonymous critic....Thanks ! Alessandro Teglia

Left by Alvin Ashcraft at 10/5/2009 12:46 PM

Congratulations, Simone! Will I see you at the 2010 Summit?

Left by Simone at 10/5/2009 1:00 PM

@Alvin: I hope so.. :)
depends on the cost of flights, tho.
With the summit happening the same week as the Winter Olympics, the cost of flights is already (6 month before the event) higher than in was last year 1 month before.

Left by Gian Maria at 10/5/2009 2:06 PM

Congratulation :) my friend :D, when you will come to Ancona let me know, so we can have a dinner togheter with the others of dotnetmarche too.

Alk.

Left by Thomas Freudenberg at 10/6/2009 1:37 PM

Well deserved, Simone. Congratulations!

Left by Dentists at 10/7/2009 6:45 AM

Wow, congrats - you earned it... Again :)

Left by Si Philp at 10/8/2009 11:59 AM

Congrats mate :) Well deserved...