In order to promote our book on ASP.NET MVC and to spread some love for the library itself, for the Italian ALT.NET conference I printed 40 T-Shirts similar to the one that Chad Myers created on Zazzle last year.

It was quite an interesting experience, as I didn’t know how many people would have been interested in buying such “marketing” t-shirts. And it turned out that quite a few developers wanted them, as you can notice from the people in the first rows of the room.

I ran out of T-Shirts, but I’m thinking about making some more of them: would someone of you be interested? Please, answer in the comments.

On Flickr I uploaded more pictures of people wearing the runat=FAIL t-shirt at the Italian ALT.NET Conference.

posted on Tuesday, July 28, 2009 3:54 PM

Left by JungchanHsieh at 7/28/2009 5:03 PM

Next time, Make the runat ="success" , fail is oppositive and interesting.However, I think to make it 'success' as good as 'fail' interesting note. :-)
I would love to have that T-shirt. :-)

Left by Simone at 7/28/2009 5:08 PM

The idea behind the t-shirt is that the server form tag is causing more problem that it tries to solve, and the server tag is maked by the runat attribute, so runat=FAIL... make it ="success" will be like promoting the webform instead of ASP.NET MVC.

Left by Danny at 7/29/2009 3:45 AM

Simo,

For those developers in the States how would we pay for it ? Paypal ?

Thanks

Left by Phillip at 7/29/2009 5:32 AM

Well, im unsubscribing from this blog. Tired of all the crap posted on here.

Left by Brad at 7/29/2009 5:48 AM

Yeah, after seeing this post I too removed codeclimber from my rss feed list.

The content on this blog no longer interests me.

Left by ITmeze at 7/29/2009 8:21 AM

Can I get one? I would like to see more people promoting ASP.NET MVC.

Left by Si Philp at 7/29/2009 9:07 AM

While trying to stay on the subject, Simo posts this in relation to a topic that his blog has orientated about for sometime now. Getting these t-shirts made out of his own pocket is a sign of how passionate he is regarding the MVC. Phillip and Brad if your here for a certain reason why don't you let Simo know and maybe he can put posts together to cater for everyone rather than posting negative comments?

Left by Simone at 7/29/2009 10:33 AM

I ran out of T-Shirts: I'll make more for the Autumn.
I was also thinking of setting up a store on caffepress or something similar.

To Brad and Phillip: I guess Si already answered. Anyway I can understand what you saying: lately I'm not posting technical post as much as I'd like to... but everybody has these kind of periods on their blog. Too bad you provided fake email address and I cannot email to you directly

Left by Max Pool at 7/29/2009 11:41 PM

Classic - let us know when you get more made up.

Left by Phillip at 7/30/2009 1:08 AM

Actually this is my real email.

Left by Brad at 7/30/2009 1:53 AM

@Si, I didn't post anything negative about the blog, I simply said it no longer interests me.

@Simone. I don't remember if I posted an email address or not, but if I did it would have been one of my real one.

Here it is anyway, if you really want to email me.

Left by Shiju Varghese at 7/30/2009 5:40 PM

Hi Simone,
A T-Shirt with a good thing about ASP.NET MVC would be more meaningful.

Left by Jamie at 8/18/2009 11:10 AM

Rather than printing something negative about ASP.Net Webforms (which, whilst not perfect, are FAR better than what went before them), why not print something positive about ASP.Net MVC?