Today I spent the whole day putting the finishing touches on tomorrow’s talks and demos. I’ll talk from 3PM to 6PM (or till when people ask for mercy). I’ve two talks planned:
- Introduction to ASP.NET MVC, my “usual” introductory presentation, update with the RTM bits and yesterday’s big announcement
- ASP.NET MVC, so what? This was originally planned to be a “live refactoring” of an old WebForm application to ASP.NET MVC, but I changed it for mainly one reason: I realized that to show the issues of migrating I would have need a WebForm application made on purpose to show the problems, and migrating a “normal” application would have not been such a good thing.
So I decided I’ll talk about some of pain-points of ASP.NET MVC and how they can be solved.
My second talk will be about the following topics (or just some if time goes short):
- ASP.NET MVC vc ASP.NET WebForm
- Testing with Http* mocking
- How to use DI/IoC inside ASP.NET MVC (with Ninject)
- Components and partials
- Ajax – jQuery
- DataGrid MVC version
- PRG Pattern
- ASP.NET Futures
For those who cannot attend I’ll upload the slides (after having translated them to English) and the demos.
BTW: the event is sold out, but if you want to come and you did not register, I’m pretty sure we’ll find a way to let you in.