If you remember, at the beginning of this year I wrote the usual “New Year’s Resolutions” post: Q1 just finished, so I thought it would have been nice to write a little update on how my resolutions are going.
- Personal Resolutions
- Go Back Climbing – This went even worse than the previous year: my wife broke a rib and despite the nice and cold winter no iceclimbing this winter. But we did a lot of Nordic Skiing. Let’s see if we can start going climbing in spring
- Take part in one triathlon competition – The competition I’m targeting is in July, and till now I started training (running once/twice a week, swimming at least once a week, and going cycling or XC Skiing in the weekend)
- Blogging and community involvement Resolutions
- Blog more tutorials and technical articles – The year started with my first series of articles, about how to use Ninject with ASP.NET MVC. Not as much as I would have liked, but more is coming in the future. So, stay tuned.
- Opensource development – The Subtext project, after ASP.NET MVC release, started with a new home, and some new development. Furthermore I contributed a bit to Ninject. And given what happened last year, it’s an advancement. Q2 will hopefully will even better from the opensource standpoint, as I’ll be actively developing for Subtext
- Produce some content about ASP.NET MVC in Italian – I recorded a interview about the basics of ASP.NET MVC that has been published on Channel9. And there is something more coming planned together with Microsoft Italy. So, again, stay tuned. And in two days I’ll be giving a talk about ASP.NET MVC for an Italian User Group
- Redesign my blog – The redesign already happened, Daniela helped me (actually, she did it) while she was recovering from the broken rib. But the design is still a photoshop file. We didn’t found the time to convert it to HTML yet. Furthermore I have to migrate the blog to a new hosting provider before the end of the month, so not sure when I’ll be able to change my skin.
- Technology Resolutions
- Enhance my .NET skills – I’m playing around a bit with jQuery and I’m digging into Ninject, so I can consider this resolution as being on the right track. And I even started working a bit with WCF, and that’s another .NET skill I didn’t have and that was nice to get started with.
- Start developing for Mac/iPhone – I developed an application for the iPhone as part of my job. It was a nice experience even if Objective-C is a bit weird at first.
- User Group meetings– I was the liaison officer between the organization of All4Web day, a multi-community event about RIA, and ugialt.net. And I’m also organizing the next Italian ALT.NET meeting in June.
- ASP.NET MVC book – The release of the book, due to the delay of the RTM and due to some editorial changes, has been delayed a bit, and I’m still working for applying the latest changes to it.
All in all, some resolution started, others didn’t start, and one even completed already. So not a bad start of the year.
Let’s see what is going to happen in Q2.