- Stay up till 3am to work on an ASP.NET MVC book and write some samples on alternative view engines
- Wake up at 7am and tumble out of bed
- Grab the Vespa and ride 20 minutes under a pouring rain
- Got to the swimming pool, and swim for 1000 meters
- Walk to the subway station (and leave the Vespa to your wife), still under the rain
- Go to work while listening how pragmatism and getting things done killed the purism and the security concerns (ie How Stackoverflow was built)
And this is not sarcasm: the 30 minutes of swimming and listening to how StackOverflow was build, with not attention to physical security, no tests as would have delayed the release and with less-than-best-practice architecture really lightened my morning start, regardless of the only 4 hours of sleep. There should be more of this kind of podcasts.