The ASP.NET MVC interim version has been released as source code + MSI with project template + release notes 7 weeks after the last official release of the P3.
Lots of people already wrote about the new features so I’d rather read what they already wrote then rewriting it myself.
Here is the list of the posts/documents I printed and that I’ll be reading today:
- ASP.NET Codeplex Preview 4 Readme (PDF) and Changes between Preview 3 and Codeplex Preview 4 (PDF) both available at the official release page on CodePlex (together with the source code and the installer)
- Release notes written by the PM of the ASP.NET MVC team Phil Haack
- Details of the new features and changes:
- New filters (OutputCache, HandleError, Authorize) and Membership provider by ScottGu
- Integration with ASP.NET AJAX by Scott Hanselman
- Finally TempData is test-friendly by Matt Hinze
- ComponentController has been removed, replaced by the RenderAction method by Rob Conery
- First impressions on the new RenderAction method, again by Matt Hinze
- together with some other small improvement by Matt Hawley
- Some other random thoughts:
Now time to take some time and download the latest bits and read all the docs.
Hopefully I’ll post more about ASP.NET MVC in the future: I really love this framework and I hope I can get more involved.