I was looking at blogs with reports on the MVP Summit 08 and on a post from a TFS MVP from Canberra I found this picture of one of the meeting rooms:

MacBookProInvasion

In this little portion of the room 3 MS MVPs are using MacBookPro (highlighted with the black circles)... are MacBooks becoming one of the favorite brands of laptops for .NET developers?

Technorati Tag: ,
posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 1:36 PM

# re: MacBook invasion at MVP Summit 08

Left by Dragan Panjkov at 4/16/2008 2:20 PM

It is a trend, it seems, especially among SharePoint developers and MVPs, to move to MacBookPro with dual boot

# re: MacBook invasion at MVP Summit 08

Left by Simone at 4/16/2008 3:55 PM

Well... I've a MacBook as well, and I know quite a few other guys that are .NET devs and are using MacBook...

# re: MacBook invasion at MVP Summit 08

Left by Damien Guard at 4/16/2008 3:58 PM

At the last 18 person MS-developer event I was at in October there were two of us with MBP's. Since then I've moved from 15" to 17" and he's moved from 17" to Air :D

[)amien

# re: MacBook invasion at MVP Summit 08

Left by Nic Wise at 4/16/2008 3:59 PM

Yup, me too, but you know that :)

Can't see a reason to get a normal windows PC anymore. I like MacOS too much now :)

thinking about bootcamp tho - VM's are not quite enough for me at the moment.

# re: MacBook invasion at MVP Summit 08

Left by Dieter Matulla at 4/16/2008 4:05 PM

Same here, great for development especially under VS. I'm using bootcamp for Vista though and haven't used MacOs ever since I bought the MacBook pro.

# re: MacBook invasion at MVP Summit 08

Left by Simone at 4/16/2008 4:09 PM

@Nic: The problem with bootcamp is that the touchpad doesn't work very well.. no tap-to-click or 2-finger right-click... and, at least on Win2008, the bluetooth is not working very well...
VM might be slower but then you can run VS together with mail.app and TextMate :)
btw: do you have MB or MBP?

# re: MacBook invasion at MVP Summit 08

Left by Bil Simser at 4/16/2008 4:12 PM

With Fusion, you can have your cake and eat it too. The MCB out performs any Dell laptop and is much lighter. Running Windows (XP or Server) for development is a breeze and you can do cross platform testing of web apps and be productive with your machine (Mac apps rock). To top it off, the price of a MCB is about equal to any Windows laptop that performs the same. So the choice is obvious.

# re: MacBook invasion at MVP Summit 08