Phil Haack already semi-announced it when he said he was going to work for Microsoft and would be the Program manager for the new MVC framework for ASP.NET that Microsoft was planning to build.
Today at the ALT.NET conference, Scott Guthrie officially announced it.
The main goals of the MVC for ASP.NET are:
- Natively support TDD model for controllers.
- Provide ASPX (without viewstate or postbacks) as a view engine
- Provide a hook for other view engines from MonoRail, etc.
- Support IoC containers for controller creation and DI on the controllers
- Provide complete control over URLs and navigation
- Be pluggable throughout
Read more on this from someone that attended the conference: Jeffrey Palermo