Another weekend, another release: today is the turn of my CC.NET Monitor for Vista Sidebar, which hits version number 0.9.5.

This new version is very close to what I've planned for the final 1.0: a lightweight replacement of CCTray that runs on the Vista Sidebar.

The main feature introduced with this version is the autoscrolling of the projects when in docked mode: if you enable this new feature, the list of all the projects you are monitoring will automatically scroll and loop through all the projects.

I also added some improvements in the usability and error reporting:

I also changed the icon that is displayed in the list of all installed gadgets, which is also more appealing than the previous one:

drag

You can download the new version both on Google Code and on Windows Live Gallery.

The only feature that is missing for version 1.0 is the possibility to play an audio notification when the state of a project changes (Play audio notifications #3)

Anything else you would like to see in the CC.NET Monitor Gadget?

Technorati tags: , , ,
posted on Sunday, July 15, 2007 4:32 PM

# re: CruiseControl.NET Monitor Vista Gadget, version 0.9.5

Left by Thomas Gravgaard at 7/19/2007 12:50 AM

When I start up my machine, the gadget displays "Loading..." until I have opened the configuration dialog on it and pressed OK. Then the status will be shown.

# Vista Sidebar CC.Net Monitor

Left by Random .NET Stuff.... at 7/24/2007 4:41 AM

Note to self.... http://gallery.live.com/LiveItemDetail.aspx?li=5b50b967-4961-4cf6-8c3d-456db65cba17

# re: CruiseControl.NET Monitor Vista Gadget, version 0.9.5

Left by Thomas Freudenberg at 7/25/2007 8:50 AM

Hi Simone, I encountered the same issue as Thomas G. But the reason I comment here is that I stumbled over the Team Build Monitor Gadget (http://blogs.msdn.com/marcalt/archive/2007/07/17/team-build-monitor-vista-sidebar-gadget.aspx). Maybe you can get there some additional inspiration for your gadget ;-)

# re: CruiseControl.NET Monitor Vista Gadget, version 0.9.5

Left by Simone at 7/25/2007 9:26 AM

Hi Thomas, thank you for announcement.
I had a look at it, and makes a nice use of the flyout.
Maybe I could also add the flyout that pops out when someone click on the project name in the dock view.

# Vista Gadget to monitor Orcas TFS Team Build

Left by CodeClimber at 7/25/2007 9:41 AM

Vista Gadget to monitor Orcas TFS Team Build

# re: CruiseControl.NET Monitor Vista Gadget, version 0.9.5

Left by David Gardiner at 8/3/2007 12:25 PM

Hi Simone,

I'm getting a "'serverUrl' is null or not an object' error when the gadget loads.

I allowed the debugger to load, and it's complaining about first line in this function:

function BuildNotConnectingProject(prj)
{
var project = new Project(prj.serverUrl);
project.Name = prj.projectName;
project.Status = "Unknown";
return project;
}

-dave

# re: CruiseControl.NET Monitor Vista Gadget, version 0.9.5

Left by Simone at 8/3/2007 12:30 PM

Thank you Dave, that's the same thing that I found out...
I'll be fixing it in the next couple of weeks since I'm going back to Italy next week, and I'm a bit busy with packing up stuff and then will have to unpack and recover from the jetlag when I arrive in Milano.

# re: CruiseControl.NET Monitor Vista Gadget, version 0.9.5

Left by Derek at 10/15/2007 10:42 PM

Hi Simone

Cool gadget. I've been using it for a few months now. I just upgraded to your version 0.9 and I've noticed a few things. When I click on the project in docked view, it doesn't navigate to the CC log page any more.

Also, it would be good if I could click on the icon (in docked view) and force a build. I can force a build in undocked build, but being able to force one while docked would be good.

Great work though