NHibernate 1.2 has been in beta testing for the last half year. Today it is officially marked stable, production-ready, and supported. What are the most compelling new features and why should you upgrade?
Just a brief overview of the new features:
- there is a commercial support: I guess that the lack of that is one of the things that scares "traditional" IT managers the most
- Native support of generics
- Support for Stored Procedures
- SysCache2: a second level cache provider based on the ASP.NET cache
- Support of SQL Server 2005 specific features like the new paging system
- Added support for SQL Server CE
For more details: NHibernate 1.2 is here!