Two weeks ago I released the first version of my CC.NET Monitor Gadget for Vista Sidebar, and I received a lot of feedbacks on what I should put into the next version of the gadget: the possibility to choose which projects to display, an automatic scrolling of the list of projects, a button to force the build on the server, a global indicator to be able to see at a glance if any of the projects are failing.
So during the last weeks I worked on these feature requests, and in a few days I'm going to release the next version (0.8) of my CC.NET Monitor.
Here are some teaser of the features I implemented into the next version:
- new tab style settings page
- ability to monitor more than one CC.NET dashboard
- possibility to choose which project to display for each server
- added a license page (which is the new BSD license, as stated in my copyright and licensing policy)
- added an icon at the bottom of both docked and undocked view with a global status: it's green if all the projects are building correctly, it's red if at least one of them is failing
- removed the strings with the current activity and replaced the sleeping text with that icon:
I'm finishing the debugging of the gadget and I'm hopefully releasing the gadget in a few days, so, stay tuned.
UPDATE: version 0.8 released: read more on CruiseControl.NET Monitoring Gadget for Vista Sidebar 0.8
PS: If you want to help with the debugging, please contact me with the contact page or writing a comment here.