UPDATE: The latest version of CC.NET Monitor for Vista Sidebar is v0.9.5: read more about it on the CC.NET Monitor for Vista Sidebar v0.9.5 release notes.

Yesterday I released the first version (number 0.5) of my CC.NET Monitor for Vista Sidebar.

But I forgot some debugging stuff in the release. So, in order to avoid confusion, I bumped up the version number to 0.6.

Here is the new version:

CC.NET Monitor for Vista Sidebar 0.6

Release notes:
Removed an hard-coded url I used for debugging
Removed the double cycle I used to test the scrolling of the gadget with more project

Thank you to Thomas and Steve for reporting the bugs

Technorati tags: , , , ,
posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 9:19 AM

# re: CC.NET Monitor for Vista Sidebar 0.6

Left by Roger Jakobsson at 4/18/2007 9:50 AM

Is it possible for you to share the customization you've done to the SubText CC.NET dashboard?
It looks sooo great, would love to have the css, templates and everything else needed.
Thanks again for the great gadget!

# re: CC.NET Monitor for Vista Sidebar 0.6

Left by Simone at 4/18/2007 10:00 AM

I didn't do it...
Scott Dorman did it

# re: CC.NET Monitor for Vista Sidebar 0.6

Left by Steve Harman at 4/18/2007 4:16 PM

Simo: Thanks for the quick turn around... looks great!

@Roger: As Simo said, it was another member of the Subtext team (Scott Dorman) that did the great CC.NET layout customization. Perhaps we (the Subtext Team... Scott in particular) can figure out a way to template-ize the changes he made so others can get the same snazzy layout we have. You can try hitting Scott up and see what he says... just don't tell him I told you. :)

# re: CC.NET Monitor for Vista Sidebar 0.6

Left by Thomas Gravgaard at 4/19/2007 9:36 PM

I have tried out the gadget as it is just what the doc ordered. But, alas, when I write the address of my ccnet site it just says warming up. Furthermore it does not save the address in the config box - so I have to write it again every time - i am wondering if these problems are somehow related, so that it doesnt really get the correct address configured for instance.

# re: CC.NET Monitor for Vista Sidebar 0.6

Left by Simone Chiaretta at 4/19/2007 9:55 PM

Thomas: the problem with the settings is a known bug I already fixed whose fix will be in the release I'm going to do tomorrow.
For the problem with the "warming up...", can you please send me your url (if is public) or saving the Xml file and send it to me? (contact me with the contact form to have my email)
Cheers

# re: CC.NET Monitor for Vista Sidebar 0.6

Left by David Mitchell at 4/20/2007 6:07 AM

The widget looks great, and I'm looking forward to seeing new versions of it!

A couple of quick comments though, about the interface:
1. With very long project names (we've got some), the navigation arrows get pushed out of the widget, meaning that I can only see the first 4.5 projects on the list.
2. When I do get the arrows to work (by pulling it off the sidebar), they don't scroll the information very far, and this gets a bit old after about 10 projects. Would it be possible to do some sort of paged view like Microsoft's RSS reader gadget?
3. (More of a wishlist thing) It would be very cool if you allowed projects to be removed from the display somehow--in our organization, we have a number of projects that don't directly interact with each other, and I usually only keep track of the ones that affect me (or that I can affect) at any given time.

It's a very solid start. Keep up the good work!

# re: CC.NET Monitor for Vista Sidebar 0.6

Left by Simone at 4/20/2007 9:38 AM

David, thank you for your comments:
1 & 2 - the scrolling thing is one of the things I was planning to fix a bit.
3 - this also a thing I was asked for... so coming into next release, as well