Three days ago I deployed Subtext build 72... In the last days I included into the 1.9 branch a few other code changes:
The main addition to the upcoming 1.9.4 release I guess is the SiteMap implementation:
this allow Google and other search engines to easily index a website knowing exactly which are the pages that they must index.
The SiteMap feature was developed by David Vidmar, from Slovenia, so big thanks to him for the help. I think this a very cool feature added to the product.
Here is his announcement and description for the feature: Subtext 1.9.4 - now with sitemap. This post also explains hot to add a sitemap to Google and to Yahoo.

I added the sitemap for my blog to Google this morning, and will do the same to Yahoo in a few minutes.
Let's see if this helps my blog to reach a better rank in both search engines.
posted on Thursday, February 1, 2007 4:59 PM

# re: Eating My Own Dog Food - Again (build 73)

Left by Dave Frank at 2/1/2007 5:51 PM

Hey, while you're scarfing down subtext puppy chow, how about fixing it so an abstract/excerpt of the post itself shows up on the archive page instead of just the titles: http://davefrank.com/archive/2007/01.aspx

I know, I know, submit a bug report, right? :)

# re: Eating My Own Dog Food - Again (build 73)

Left by Simone at 2/1/2007 6:03 PM

You should add an excerpt using the admin tool.

# re: Eating My Own Dog Food - Again (build 73)

Left by Dave Frank at 2/2/2007 4:38 AM

shouldn't it automatically grab the first paragraph of my post if I *don't* add an excerpt? That's like having to post twice. And since I use WLW, first I have to post, and then go into admin and add the excerpt? I think not my good man!

# re: Eating My Own Dog Food - Again (build 73)

Left by Simone at 2/2/2007 2:04 PM

I think someone was working on that feature... or if not, just add a feature request on SF :)

# re: Eating My Own Dog Food - Again (build 73)

Left by Dave Frank at 2/7/2007 6:48 AM

<uc1:EntryList id="Days" DescriptionOnly = "true" runat="server"></uc1:EntryList>

-->

<uc1:EntryList id="Days" DescriptionOnly = "FALSE" runat="server"></uc1:EntryList>

DOH!!!!!!

# re: Eating My Own Dog Food - Again (build 73)

Left by Simone at 2/7/2007 10:11 AM

Do you mean that setting DescriptionOnly to false makes the entry list display full body instead of just the abstract (or nothing since nobody writes one)?

# re: Eating My Own Dog Food - Again (build 73)

Left by Dave Frank at 2/7/2007 1:58 PM

yes, setting DescriptionOnly to false makes it display the full body; it least in my case. I have no abstracts. So really, if I had abstracts, then DescriptionOnly=true would've been displaying them, but it was displaying nothing.